When the pulp of a tooth becomes infected or dies, root canal therapy is necessary to save the tooth. It is generally comfortable treatment that can save your tooth and keep your mouth healthy.
Symptoms of infection:
- The tooth is sensitive to hot or cold.
- The tooth hurts with biting or pressure.
- There is throbbing, severe tooth pain.
- The area around, or near the tooth is swollen.
- You have a bad taste in your mouth.
You may also be unaware of the problem because there are no symptoms at all. A thorough examination is necessary in either case.
It is important to treat an infected tooth in order to prevent the infection from traveling through the root tips and causing a painful abscess in the jawbone.